Thursday, January 20, 2011

Before we begin...

     I have always had a knack for shopping. Any excuse to head out to my favorite store- I was there. Prices weren't too high on my list of priorities. Recently I became a new mom and finding a way to save money and spend less on everyday need was a must!
     So I started to do my research, reading up on extreme couponing and ways of being frugal. It really got me thinking "I can do this". What I noticed when I read up on extreme couponing was that these moms were saving so much money on groceries because grocery stores in the states they are in will double coupons up to $1 (If you have a coupon that is $0.75 off the store will match it so you get $1.25 off). Unfortunately for those up us moms in South Florida neither Publix, Winn-Dixie,Walmart, or Target will double coupons. So while we wont be able to get a $600 grocery receipt down to $4.00, we can still find great ways to save money!
    I will let you know now that I am no expert when it comes to couponing. But I hope for my family's sake to become one. So I am starting to blog to share in my on going experience on the journey to savings and so much more. I hope you will join me!

1 comment:

  1. I need to start using coupons, publix is getting so darn expensive these days

    ReplyDelete